Saturday 12 November 2011

Are you ready for your close up?

It was my birthday last week and I got a new macro lens for my Sony NEX 5 from my wonderful Dad as my present. I was chuffed to bits (especially as Dad was told there was a waiting list of 3 months but he managed to get it in about 3 days!) so as soon as I got home after I'd opened it I was itching to take some pictures of any super duper close up! So here are a few very random (and potentially very boring) pictures of things I found to photo nice and close...(I haven't included the one of my nose where you could see all the pores, it seemed unnecessary, for your sake)

Husband's t-shirt, I know, wow right?

Husband's jumper, even better!

Use by date of an empty 2L bottle of Diet Coke

My Ironman running watch

Don't even know what this is - some kind of writing I guess...

And finally, the end of my water bottle! 

Impressive much? OK, no. But still, look how close! My normal telephoto lens can't handle the pressure of getting this close to objects so I was pretty much blown away by the skills of my new lens. And it was late on a Friday night, there wasn't much to take pictures of in my house. 

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts or comments, I'd love to hear them...